Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My Fondant class Cake



What fun! We covered a cake with Fondant in Class last night, i made a very dense and moist Carrot/pineapple cake with whipped orange butter cream filling and under-coating. In class I covered the cake in Pink Fondant and made the lavender drape, i did make a handkerchief but didnt like it so took it off when i got home. You can see where i took it off but because of the flowers and hearts all over it your eyes doesn't really draw to it.

When i got home and went to bed all i could dream about was finishing the cake, so at 2:30am i dragged my butt out of bed and went and made the flowers and leaves, then went back to bed at 4:30am then got out of bed again at 8am and finished it. I had some clear sparkle cake gel so i painted all the decorations with it. It made it look awesome if i say so my self. My Oh SO Flattering friend calls me the Cake decorating Diva or Queen, yeah i can live with that title i think :-) and i better keep her around so she can keep the compliments coming, i like an inflated ego, its an independent proud Spanish women thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment